Forms, Applications and Permits

Apply for Northumberland County programs, services, licences, permits and more.


To receive a document/information in an alternative format, please submit a request to our Alternative Format Document Request form or call 1-800-354-7050 ext. 2327.

Burn Permits

Burn Permits are issued by lower-tier municipalities in Northumberland. Please call or visit the website of your local municipality for details on how to apply for a Burn Permit. 

Business & entrepreneurship services
Child care

Customer Service Feedback

To submit feedback about Northumberland County's customer service, please complete our Customer Service Feedback Form.

Development applications

Learn more about development applications in Northumberland County including our Subdivision Application.

Electronic sign posting
To request to display a posting for a non-profit/volunteer organization, public awareness or a free community event on the electronic County sign, please complete and submit our Sign Request Form.
Farm 911 signs

Learn more about how to apply for a civic address and 911 sign for vacant agricultural land.

Forest permits
Financial, food and parenting program supports and assistance

Garbage bag tags

Jobs and careers

Apply for a job with Northumberland County.

Long-Term Care Home

Learn more about the Golden Plough Lodge and find out how to apply to become a resident.

Medical Waste Subsidy
Northumberland County Archives & Museum
Plumbing and septic system applications and permits

Learn more about plumbing and septic systems in Northumberland County including:

Proclamation, lighting and community flag requests 

Throughout the year, Northumberland County commemorates a number of significant dates and events to raise awareness of important cultural celebrations, historic events, and charitable or public awareness initiatives in our community. To learn more about how the County recognizes these commemorative observances, visit our Commemorative Dates and Observances page. Commemorative dates may be recognized with special requests, including:

  • Proclamations to County Council
  • Raising a flag on the County's community flagpole, located at County Headquarters in Cobourg
  • Coloured light displays at County Headquarters

To request a proclamation to County Council, coloured light display at County Headquarters and/or flag raising on the County's community flagpole in recognition of a commemorative date, please review our Commemorative Observances, Proclamations & Flags Policy and submit an application to our Proclamation, Lighting and Community Flag Request Form. 

Provincial Offences applications

Learn more about tickets, fines and collections including:

Roads Permits

Learn more about our road permits for County roads including:

Learn more about volunteer opportunities with Northumberland County and find out how you can apply.

Requesting a refund

For more information, please review our Refund Policy.