Farm 911 Signs

If you own vacant agricultural land, you are encouraged to have the entrances evaluated for a civic address and 911 sign so first responders can easily locate and access the property in case of an emergency.

Applying for a civic address and 911 sign

Each municipality in Northumberland has its own requirements for a property entrance to qualify for a civic address, and its own fee structure for assessment and signage installation. To apply for an address and sign, please contact your local municipality using the contact information below.

The municipality will assess the safety and suitability of the property entrance. If the entrance meets the requirements, they will work with you to install a 911 sign.

Subsidized signs

Northumberland County subsidizes $25 towards the cost of every Farm 911 sign ordered in the county. This subsidy is automatically applied through the local municipality. 


Township of Alnwick Haldimand

Public Works and Fire Department

Municipality of Brighton

Manager of Public Works and Environment

Town of Cobourg

Public Works Department

Township of Cramahe

Manager of Operations
905-355-2846 ext. 121

Township of Hamilton

Chief Building Official
905-342-2810 ext. 125

Municipality of Port Hope

Building Department

Municipality of Trent Hills

Building Department
705-653-1900 ext. 238

Learn more about the importance of Farm 911 signs from the Farm 911 – The Emily Project.