Tenant Information

If you live in one of Northumberland County Housing Corporation (NCHC)'s units, we are your landlord. We are committed to providing important information and support to our tenants.

Maintenance requests: For household repairs such as leaky faucets, plugged toilets, electrical issues, no heat, bug problem, locks not working or lost keys, please contact the Facilities Department’s Administrative Clerk at 905-372-3329 / 1- 800-354-7050 ext. 2356.
After-hours emergencies: Please contact 1-866-951-7956.

Annual renewal package

As a NCHC tenant, you are required to complete an Annual Eligibility Review form once every 12 months. 

You also need to have all assets verified by your bank, trust company, credit union or other financial institution. Please print off copies of the Verification of Assets form to provide to your financial institution.

Internal transfer requests

There are instances when tenants need to transfer to larger or smaller units or to another location. Internal transfers are mainly due to health reasons or changes in family size. Sometimes internal transfer is needed for a tenant who has been a victim of abuse in the home. In this case, there are additional forms to complete.

You may contact your Housing Services caseworker to discuss your reason(s) for a transfer request.

Apply for a transfer

If you want to apply for a transfer, you must complete and submit the appropriate form below, and submit it to Northumberland County Housing Corporation by email or in person to 555 Courthouse Road, Cobourg, ON K9A 6J7.

Internal Transfer Request form

You may require additional forms if you request a transfer for one of the reasons below:

Maintaining our units

Facilities department staff and a Housing Services caseworker will inspect your unit once a year (usually in the spring). This annual inspection focuses on health and safety. You will be notified of the date of your inspection in writing. 

For household repairs, please contact the Facilities Department’s Administrative Clerk at 905-372-3329 / 1- 800-354-7050 ext. 2356.
For after-hours emergencies, please contact 1-866-951-7956.

Our policies

As a NCHC tenant, it is your responsibility to review and abide by NCHC's policies. 

Coming Soon